| Right now Good News Community Church is seriously considering a Game Changer opportunity to adopt Open Door Fellowship. It's an opportunity that I am very excited about! The two churches would come together to become one church and would continue to meet in two locations. Good News would become a "multi-site church."
The idea of a multi-site church might be new to you, but it is actually a tried and true model for doing ministry and being The Church. Here are the top 10 advantages of a multi-site church:
1. Assists in reaching friends and family unwilling to travel a great distance to church.
2. Brings together the best aspects of larger churches and smaller churches.
3. Increases the total number of available seats during optimal worship times.
4. Overcomes geographic barriers when a church facility is landlocked or tightly zoned.
5. Enables untapped talent to emerge each time a new venue or site is opened.
6. Mobilizes volunteers through an added variety of ministry opportunities.
7. Improves a church's stewardship of funds and resources.
8. Enables a church to extend itself into smaller niches.
9. Models and trains people for church planting elsewhere.
10. Provides a pipeline for the development of emerging leaders.
and future staff.
This list was taken from a Leadership Network article. You can read the entire article by clicking here.
From the above list it's easy to see why I am so excited about this opportunity to adopt Open Door Fellowship. We are only a few weeks away from the vote but we still have a couple of events for you to be involved in, including the Sneak Peek (see below). If you have any questions about the adoption, Good News being multi-site, any of the events, or anything else, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to talking with you.
Rev. Matthew Fite
Tuesday October 9th, 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the sancturary
Come get a taste of what it would be like for the two churches to become one church. We'll meet each other, worship together, pray for each other, and explore what tomorrow will look like. Nursery care will be provided and fun stuff for the kids and teenagers will be happening at the same time.
Prayer + Q&A
Wed. Oct. 17th, 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the Deep Sea Room
This is a time to ask questions, get answers, and ask God if this adoption is what he wants for his church (Open Door will also be having a time of prayer in Commerce City at the exact same time).
Sunday October 21st, 2012 @ 12:30pm, in the sanctuary
Good News Owners are invited to vote on the proposed adoption. As always, the vote will be short and sweet because it will not include a time for questions or comments. If you have a question or comment, please be sure to contact Pastor Matthew or one of the other Core Leaders before the day of the vote.