Sunday, April 11
Get To Know Your Group:
What are 3 things, besides Jesus, that make you happy?
- How do most people use the term “blessed”?
- What does “blessed” actually mean? Consider the definition given in the sermon.
- Compare and contrast being happy and being blessed. How are they similar? How are they different?
- Read Galatians 3:13-14 out loud. What questions or observations do you have?
- According to these verses, who is blessed? How do we become blessed?
- According to these verses, what is the blessing of God?
- In Matthew 5:1-12, rather than talking about being happy, Jesus talks about being blessed. Read these verses out loud.
- Read the same verses again, but this time replace the word “blessed” with the phrase, “More than happy are the people who know God’s favor who” and see what happens.
- Which of these statements from Jesus means the most to you today? Why that one?
Make A Plan:
Each semester, every LIFE Group plans and does a Serve Project. A project where the entire group works together to serve people outside of the church in Jesus’ name. Take a few moments to start talking about the concept. Next week you can start a list of Serve Project ideas.
Share your prayer requests and pray for each other.